Thursday, March 25, 2010

I WATCHED IT: H.R. Pufnstuf

Has anyone even heard of this show?
Well, you should. And you are about to.

First broadcast in 1969, this children's show ran for 3 years before it was cut. A regular on NBC's Saturday morning cartoons at the time, they even went on to film a movie in it's honour and a number of stage tours were performed across the States.


This is classic. So classic that this is what kids nowadays should be watching. Something bizarre and twisted that makes your imagination go wild. I wish I would have watched this when I was younger. And there should be no excuses that parents feel this would be too scary for their children. Barney is a big purple dinosaur, for cying out loud! And Sesame Street? Don't even get me started. Even Glee is a disgrace.

Check out the Intro of the episodes to get the jist of the show:



You really have to watch a full episode to appreciate the creative genius behind it.
Very few people have imagination like this anymore.

I should have been born in the 60's.....

No comments:

Post a Comment